Monday 15 August 2011

The Story



It started with a kiss ... No,no, it's not that story.
It started with the painting.
Some 10 years ago I've made "Kate on the Walk" picture (160x130 cm). Especially being happy with the face expression of the girl and 3-dimentional frame (papier-mache), I left it standing in my studio for the dacade.
Begining of this year I've started to reinvent the story, changing "Kate" into Pippi  Langstrumpf, my beloved fictional character from the childhood. That was the moment, plaits began to play the most important role in the project, as a symbol of freedom, individualism, openess, innovation and creativity. The ghost-person behind the girl is her inner-self: stable with hair wildly spread in motion, causing  the mystery to be revealed from the painting. I do wonder, what happen next.





No comments:

Post a Comment